Enid Mennonite Brethren church is prayerfully seeking a man for the Lead Pastor position. This person will be the Teaching Elder, leading in conjunction with the elder board. He will be the primary teacher and administrator for our congregation. We are seeking a pastor who is enthusiastic and committed to the vision and value of the church through expositional biblical preaching & teaching and oversight. For more information or to submit your resume, please email email@example.com
- Prepare and deliver sermons for at least 45 Sunday mornings out of the year. Currently Enid MB church has two Sunday morning services (9:00 and 11:00). We ask that he is committed to expository preaching.
- Give general oversight to the church staff. This involves day-to-day operations as well as annual evaluations.
- Work closely with the Board of Elders and church staff in providing vision for the church and developing effective ministry to accomplish the vision.
- Work with the chairman of the Board of Elders in establishing content for Elder meetings.
- Assist the Director of Worship Arts in planning and leading the church’s corporate gatherings (this involves but is not limited to corporate prayer, Scripture reading, announcements, and administering the Lord’s Supper.)
- Help facilitate a Starting Point Class that meets 3 times a year. He is also to coordinate or perform follow up interviews with prospective members.
- Seek out other opportunities to teach and provide leadership. This includes occasional classes or seminars, adult Bible Studies and periodically teaching our students.
- Work alongside other staff and elders in fulfilling pastoral functions including crisis counseling, weddings, funerals, and hospital/home visitation.
- Serve as an Elder, with general oversight of a particular ministry team (outreach, worship, discipleship, finance or deacons).
- The Lead Pastor shall meet the New Testament requirements for Elder as listed in I Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
- A Master’s degree in biblical studies, theology or pastoral ministry is desired. Previous job and ministry experiences will be considered in place of formal Bible and/or Seminary training.
- Teaching/Preaching giftedness with experience in teaching/preaching to larger groups.
- Proven ability to develop and direct staff and lay leaders.
- A warm and relational personality.
- Administrative and organizational skills. Proficiency in basic computer tasks (email, word processing, etc…).
- Skills and eagerness to perform general pastoral duties including weddings, funerals, crisis counseling, and hospital/shut-in visitation.
- A thoughtful, conservative evangelical who can be supportive of our denomination—Enid MB is part of the USMB Conference and regionally part of the Southern District MB Conference.